When Ann Jenkins was told that her daughter Amy was having trouble interacting with the other kids in her kindergarten class, she was at a loss for words. You see, Amy had always been a little shy around other kids, but after she "warmed up" she was usually fine. Why was kindergarten class any different? Amy’s teacher told Ann that she felt Amy lacked self-confidence and that the other kids recognized this and picked on her. When Ann asked the teacher what to do, she was surprised at her response: "Enroll Amy in dance lessons".
Initially shocked that dance could help her daughter psychologically, Ann started to do some research. Here’s what she found out about the benefits of dance for children:
- Teaches kids an exciting new way to move their bodies in entertaining and creative ways.
- Introduces kids to exercise that is fun to do, early in life, promoting a life-long commitment to fitness.
- Promotes self-discipline.
- Improves self-esteem and builds self-confidence.
- Improves flexibility, coordination and memory.
- Builds strength and stamina.
- Gives children a sense of grace.
- Helps children succeed in other sports and in the classroom.
There are almost as many kinds of dance classes out there are there are kids. Like adults, kids just have to find their niche. The Bea Hive Dance Studio in Garden Grove, California, caters to children of all ages, from toddlers to teens. Their unique Kid’s Program has classes available after school, in the evenings, and on weekends with classes in many different genres, including Hip Hop, Salsa, Funk Style Street Dancing, Ballet, Jazz, Polynesian Dancing and Aerial and Dance Fitness Training. Classes are starting now, so enroll quickly to make sure that your child will be assured a spot. Remember, dance is one of the greatest gifts that you can ever give your child. It is the gift that keeps on giving, for many years to come.
For more information about dance classes for kids and adults, or to rent the studio for your own dance event or party, contact Beatrix, Queen of the Bea Hive, at 800-883-2109. www.beahiveballroom.com…