Physical Fitness is all about tuning your body so that you can perform to the best of your potential. A state that helps us to look and feel good is Fitness. A physically fit person can perform his/her daily tasks with enthusiasm and utilize the left over energy in other activities.
When talking about physical fitness, exercise is the first thought that comes in mind. Certain basic exercise is important to develop a fitness regime. The next question is what are the basic principles of exercise?
The first essential principle of exercise is the determination that you want to be physically fit. Other than determination, the following factors play an important role to highlight the principles of exercise:
• Regular routine: One must exercise often to be fit. Being regular is important in all aspects be it exercise, sleep or having a proper diet at proper time.
• Progression: To improve the level of fitness in terms of intensity and duration, progression is important.
• Balance: To maintain a balance between all the fitness components is important.
• Variety with activities: One should experiment on different activities to reduce the boredom.
• Being specific: Consider your goals when going for training and exercise.
• Overload: To bring a better training effect, work load should be increased.
To be physically fit is one of the major criteria for good health. The entire concept of Physical Fitness can be better understood by examining its basic components. The basic components of physical fitness are as described below:
1. Cardiorespiratory endurance: It is the terminology or the efficiency with respect to the body helping it to deliver oxygen and nutrients required for muscular activities. It is this endurance that helps to transport waste products and essential nutrients.
2. Muscular Strength: It is the capacity or the force that a muscle or muscles can exert in a single effort.
3. Muscular endurance: To help a single muscle or a group of muscles to perform a movement number of times, muscular endurance is required.
4. Flexibility: It is one of the most essential components of physical fitness. The ability to move a joint or a group of joints over an entire range of motion is what flexibility is.
5. Body Composition: It is the ratio of the percentage of fat in a person’s body to the total body mass.
The first three components listed above if worked on properly will definitely have a positive effect on the body and help in being fit and making your body free of fat.
Other than the above mentioned factors or components, motor fitness is something that is also to be considered when talking about physical fitness. Athletic ability of the body is affected by motor fitness components namely speed, agility, muscle power, eye-hand coordination, and eye-foot coordination. All these factors can be maintained by taking specific training.
Gathering information about what physical fitness is all about is the first step towards being fit. The next phase or step is …